Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Back to Blogging

Things have been insane in my house.  We've had lots of sicknesses (LOTS, including a month-long round of pneumonia for me), Garrett's baptism, visitors on and off, the March for Babies, winter vacation to Florida, etc.  In all the craziness, my blogging went out the window.  Thankfully, my healthy lifestyle did not.  I just didn't blog about it.

Here's the update: I am doing great and am down to my pre-pregnancy weight (with Garrett, anyways!)  This Monday, which is my weigh-in day, I weighed 164.5 lbs.  I'm down almost 25 lbs since October and 44 lbs since giving birth to Garrett almost eight months ago.  Yay!!  My goal weight is 150, which was my pre-pregnancy weight with Jackson.  I'd like to get closer to 140, but we'll start with 150, which is within my healthy BMI range for my height.

So, here's what has been going on.  I started back to the gym (with the kids in the gym's daycare) and have been going at least three days a week since March.  I had three personal training sessions where I learned how to use all the machines and created a circuit to follow.  Since then, I have been lifting two days a week, running intervals on the treadmill and doing Zumba one or two days a week.  I'm also starting to run outside since the weather is getting nicer. I'm running my first race, a 5k here in Charles Town, on Saturday.  My goal this year is to run a fall 10k.  I've never run farther than 4.5 miles, so I'll need to train for that this summer.

As for nutrition, I am still following Weight Watchers.  I'm careful to track my points every day online and am finding lots of new foods to try out to keep things interesting.  I'm also drinking a lot more water (especially during and after workouts) and eating tons of fruit now that it's coming into season.

Just as important as what I'm doing is who I have been working with - my friends!  A group of us have been encouraging each other via Facebook and we're all losing weight together.  We weigh in on Mondays and check in to keep each other accountable.  It's been going so well and I couldn't imagine going at this alone.  Thanks, ladies... you know who you are ;)

Overall, things are going really well.  I feel much better about myself and am fitting into a lot of my old clothes.  I still have some work to do to get to goal, but it's much less daunting now and seems easier because I have a routine established.  And, for reaching my pre-pregnancy weight, I bought myself a Garmin Forerunner 10 running watch!  Yay!!  It is supposed to be delivered today, so I'm planning an early morning run tomorrow to try it out.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment