Friday, May 17, 2013

This Girl is on Fire

It's been a pretty good week for me, especially getting in my workouts.  I took a Zumba class on Monday, which is so much fun!  I love the instructor and the energy level of the people in the class.  Then, I ran intervals and did my lifting circuit on Wednesday.

On Wednesday afternoon, I got my Garmin running watch in the mail, so I had to try it out ASAP!  So, on Thursday morning, I got up with Joe and ran while he was getting ready for work.  I did two miles at about an 11:30 mile.  Not too bad for me at 6:30am!

Then, this morning, I went to the gym and did a quick warm up on the bike, then did my lifting circuit.  I'm running my first 5k of the season tomorrow morning, so I decided to skip intervals and save my legs for the race tomorrow.  I haven't run a 5k in over a year, so I'm really excited to get back out there.  I'm leaving in a little while to pick up my race packet.  Then, it's relaxing with the kids for the rest of the night.

So, I have a few running songs that push me along when I'm getting tired or bored, so I'm loading them onto my Ipod shuffle for the race tomorrow.  There is one song that is pretty corny and actually from a cheesy movie that I happen to love (Center Stage, anyone?) but it always keeps me moving when I hear:

"There's a passion inside, an inner strength that drives
Can't nobody take that away from you
It's the greatest high, you set the floor on fire
when you come alive"

So, with that song in my playlist, I'm going to run tomorrow morning.  I'll update with race results sometime tomorrow.  I'm not fast, but at least I get my butt out there and try!  And, I have a good time.  I love races!!

No comments:

Post a Comment