Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Turning Over a New Leaf

I always said I'd never be a runner.  I even rolled my eyes at the people I'd see on the side of the road in 25 degree weather, thinking they were crazy for running in the bitter cold.  Oh, how the tide has turned!  This past Monday, I was the girl on the side of the road in the bitter cold, dodging snowflakes and happily completing my 3 mile run.

I also said I hated the gym.  That I wouldn't go even if membership were free.  So tonight, where was I?  I was sitting at a desk in the local Gold's Gym, signing up for a membership.  And I was excited about it!  Haha.  I am a changed woman.  Instead of dreading it, I'm really really looking forward to taking some Zumba classes and working out on the weight machines.

So here I am, a runner (albeit a slow one) and a gym member.  I'm not sure where all this motivation came from, but I hope it sticks around for a long time.  Because I am finally making myself a priority, and it feels great!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment