Monday, December 12, 2011

Slooooooow, but Steady

This week: 168.2
Last week: 168.3

Well, this week's loss was a bit disappointing, but I have to remember that a loss is a loss.  That is 0.1 lbs gone and, in the grand scheme of things, I know the weight will continue to come off.  I'm not looking for an instant cure, after all.  Like I've said before, it's a lifestyle change so, if I stick with it, the weight WILL come off.

This week will be a challenge, as Jackson is turning 3 and we all know that birthdays aren't complete without the cake!  I'll just have to be careful, have a small piece, and count WW points for it.  No problem - I can do it.  And, if I want more, I'll just drink some water and pop a piece of gum... and send everyone home with the leftovers!

While I'm planning for the inevitable cake-fest this month (which includes Jackson's, Natalie's and my birthday), I should also start preparing myself for the holiday season.  Last year, when I was enormously pregnant with Natalie, I was eating all of the Christmas goodies I could get my hands on - cookies, candy, chocolate.  This year, I'm avoiding.  Well, not completely avoiding, but just tasting instead.  Ugh, it's hard.  But I can do it.  After all, I did manage to lose over Thanksgiving.  But, that was only one day.  Christmas eating has seemed to engulf the entire month.

I can do it.  I can do it.  I will stay strong.  I will not eat my weight in cookies.

Stay tuned to see how cake-fest (part 1) turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment