Monday, November 21, 2011

Goodbye 170's! Don't Come Back.

I weighed myself this morning: 169.8! 

Last Monday, I was 172.2 and bummed out.  I was frustrated and ready to change.  Now, I'm excited and proud and 2.4 pounds lighter!

Here's what I noticed over the last week:

- I'm hungry more often, which means that instead of fueling cravings or boredom, I'm actually fueling my body.
- I'm drinking more water and less soda, and actually liking it.
- I'm very conscious of everything that I eat and drink
- I'm making good decisions

All in all, I'm happy with how the week went, and with the weight change.  I was able to go out to eat, go away for the weekend, and snack while losing weight.  Now, I just need to keep up this positive momentum going into this week, which will be a HARD one. 

Yep, I'm talking about Thanksgiving.  Ugh.  I'm not looking forward to all of the temptations I'll encounter this week, but I need to remember how good I felt looking at that lower number this morning.  I need to think about how I'll feel next Monday morning.  Will I be proud, or disappointed?  Is eating that big slice of pie or that second helping of turkey worth the disappointment?  I don't think so. 

So, here's my strategy:

- Try a little of everything, but just taste... don't shovel :)  And, drink lots of water.  And chew gum directly after dinner to avoid snacking!
- Save all of my extra weekly WW points for Thanksgiving day.  That way, if I want that slice of pie, I can have one.  But, just one.  And, if I don't finish my extra points that day, I can use them for the rest of the weekend if I want to.
- Go for a run Thanksgiving morning.  Joe already said he'd come with me!

If anyone else has any strategies to add, I'd love to hear them.  Let me know!!  Now, it's time to make some breakfast.  Good thing, too, because I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment