Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Must. Get. More. Exercise.

Foodwise, I'm doing really well so far.  I've rediscovered lots of WW-friendly foods that I used to eat all the time (I'll mention those goodies later!) and am staying within my points allowed.  I have noticed that, for the past couple of days, I've been picking at the kids' plates a little again, so I need to make sure I am aware of that temptation and staying away from their food.  I've also noticed that I've been getting to the end of the day with extra points, so I need to make sure that I'm snacking throughout the day instead of hoarding points.

Now, exercise is a whole other issue.  I want to get out and move, but I just can't seem to get myself out there.  The weather has been crappy, and the kids make it hard for me to work out during the day.  Ugh, I know these are excuses, but I'm just not sure how to get in more exercise.  I did take the kids to the mall today to walk, so that was good, but not nearly enough to break a sweat.  I will definitely be running this weekend while Joe watches the kids, but running once a week isn't going to cut it.  Any suggestions would be welcome :)

So, about those WW friendly foods, here's a list of some of my favorites.  I like to make a list so that, when I'm in a rut, I can come back to this post and say "Mmm, that sounds good - I forgot about that!"  Oh, and feel free to share your favorite healthy foods!

- Laughing cow cheese wedges (on Wasa crackers, tortillas, sandwiches...)
- String cheese
- Grapes
- Baby carrots
- Smoothies
- Banana with 1 Tbsp melted Nutella (YUMMM)
- Tortilla pizzas
- Baby dill pickles
- Apple slices
- Grapefruit with splenda

The list will go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment