Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Not Too Bad at All!

Yesterday was my second weigh-in: 169.5 

I am down 0.3 lbs from last Monday and I'm pretty happy with that.  No, it wasn't a big loss, but it was a very tough week!  Temptation stared me down literally every day I was at home in PA - from Thanksgiving meals to Vincent's Pizza (legendary at the Brewers!) to leftovers and desserts, I had my work cut out for me!

I'll admit - when I first saw the number on the scale, I was a little disappointed.  After losing almost 2 1/2 lbs last week, I was hoping to see a bigger loss.  Then, I came back to reality and realized that losing ANYTHING over the holiday week was a success.

This made me curious about weight gain and the holidays, so I just Googled the average weight gain during the holiday season.  I was thinking it was probably 2 or 3 lbs.  But nope: the average American (according to http://www.healthguidance.org/) gains 7 to 12 pounds over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season.  WOW... that number surprised me!!  I know that the next few weeks will be tough, with Christmas cookies and candies and treats at every corner, but I'll just have to be strong and avoid the temptations!  Of course I'll indulge every once in a while, but I'll make sure to be smart and use my WW points wisely to fit in some treats.

So, here's to staying strong and sticking with WW during the holiday season!!  I know I can do it, and will be so happy when I do.  Instead of going into New Years with another new resolution to lose weight (like every year!), I'll go into New Years lighter and fitter than I was before Thanksgiving. 

Take that, Mr. Healthguidance.org statistic!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment