Friday, November 18, 2011

Unexpected, but AWESOME!

When I first got the idea to write this blog, I was thinking of keeping it private - kind of like a personal journal.  I would take my frustrations out on the keyboard instead of the bag of chips in the pantry.  I would look back on my meals for ideas when I got bored with the same old breakfast.  I would keep myself accountable by inputting my weight every week.  Then, I realized that I'm lousy at keeping myself accountable.  That's the kind of thinking that got me in trouble in the first place.  So, I sucked it up and went public.

And something unexpected happened.

Suddenly, people are messaging me and telling me how much they like reading my blog, and how it has inspired them to make a change.  Wow - I was not expecting that!  I was expecting to be embarrassed by the fact that I just told my Facebook friends how much I weigh.  But I'm not.  I'm glad that people are reading my blog, commenting, and giving me ideas.  It makes me realize that I'm not alone in this, and that I can't slack... don't want to disappoint my fans :)  Haha.  So THANK YOU to whoever is reading this!

Ok, so now that the mushy stuff is out of the way, here's what yesterday looked like:

B: English muffin with pb, banana and tea
L: PB&J on whole wheat, mandarin oranges and baby carrots
S: String cheese, two pretzel rods
D: Pot roast with onions and mushrooms, noodles, grapes
S: Grapefruit

And, today:

B: English muffin with pb, banana and tea (sense a trend?  I don't mix it up much for breakfast!)
L: Chick Fil A grilled chicken sandwich w/ fruit instead of fries
S: String cheese, veggies with light ranch dip
D: Spaghetti with meatballs, cucumber/tomato salad
S: Hot tea with fat free creamer (it's cold outside!)

I'm doing great with WW points, and have stuck to the points allowed per day.  Now, in the WW plan, you're also allowed extra points per week to do with however you like.  I saved those this week on purpose, because I'm going out of town this weekend and would love to splurge a little.  So, I probably won't post until Sunday, but I'll post honestly when I come back.  Hopefully I don't crawl back with my tail between my legs... :)

Until then, have an awesome weekend!

PS.
I am amazed that I didn't pick any fries or chicken nuggets off of the kids' plates today at Chick Fil A!  This new me has much more willpower than I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment