Thursday, November 24, 2011

Operation Thanksgiving: Success!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!  I had a great day with family, and felt so blessed to spend the day with them.  I could go on and on about how thankful I am for the MANY blessings in my life, but this blog is about weight loss.  So, let's get to it... 

Joe's and my parents live pretty close together, so we did the double turkey dinner today.  So, not only was I battling with my inner eat-a-holic self, but I had to do it TWICE.  Oy!

So, a few days ago, I told myself that I wanted to:

1. Taste everything in small portions
2. Save all my WW extra weekly points for Thanksgiving dinner
3. Go for a run on Thanksgiving morning

Here's how that went...

When it came to the dinners, I was able to taste everything - just like I'd planned.  I had a little of everything, which was plenty to fill me up and left me feeling like I didn't miss out on anything.  It felt great to walk away from the table comfortable instead of overfull and lethargic, like most other years.  I also stayed busy in between meals, so I skipped out on the snacking and tasting in between.

As far as WW weekly points go, I have stayed within my daily points all week, so I had all of my extra points to play around with today.  Since there was no good way for me to calculate points for the dinners, I just relied on portion control to make sure I was doing well.

Then, because we had to go to two different houses, I decided to do my run yesterday morning instead of this morning. That actually worked out great, and Joe and I ran about four miles (well, we ran most of the route, but walked up the enormous hill!). Today, we rested, and tomorrow we'll go run again.

Overall, I think everything went according to plan and I'm pretty proud of myself, which feels great!  For the rest of the weekend, I'll skip the leftovers and head straight for the fruit and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment